Day 1: Arusha – Moshi – Nale Moru – Simba Camp
Drive from Arusha to Moshi to the village of Nale Moru ( Rongai 1950m) where the climb begins. Taking 4 - 5 hours walking to Simba camp 2600m for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Simba Camp – 3rd Cave
A steady walking up to the second cave 3450m with the superb views of Kibo and the Eastern ice fields on the crater rims. Continue ascent for 3 to 4 hrs walking to third cave 3800m, for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: 3rd Cave – Kibo Hut
Continue ascending on the East side of Kibo crossing the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo, taking 4 - 5hrs to reach Kibo Hut ( 4700m).On mid-night trek up to the summit via Gilman's point 5695m
Day 4: Kibo Hut – Horombo Hut
Enjoying sunrise at the summit, horizontal views, Photos, then descend to Kibo Hut for brief rest, coffee or tea. Continue descend to Horombo Hut ( 3700m) for dinner and overnight.
Day 5:Horombo Hut – Mandara Hut – Marangu Gate
Descend about 5 hrs passing through Mandara Hut to the National Park Gate at Marangu (1830m) where you will drive back to Moshi or Arusha.
The price includes
- Transport in a safari-designed vehicle
- All park entrance fees
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- Services of our professional driver/guide
- Bottled mineral water
- International air transportation to and from Nairobi
- Expenses of personal nature such as visas, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, beverages, tips etc.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter supplements