Walks are through a National Park containing herds of Zebras, Kongoni, Giraffe and warthogs. The variety of bird life should not be missed. The full day hikes are past towering vulture - inhabited cliffs, down a dry riverbed to the boiling sulphurous springs, hike up Mt. Longonot to the crater arriving in Nairobi by late afternoon.
Depart Nairobi city driving westwards stopping at the viewpoint on the Great Rift Valley to view the Loita plains and the sparkling Lake Naivasha in the thousands of feet below. Proceed to Lake Naivasha (the highest lake in the Great Rift Valley).
This is the best hiking trip for those who may want to carry with them red cells to face bigger mountains like Mount Kenya or Mt Kilimanjaro!!!
The lake is famous for the staging of Imperial Airways Flying Boat Services from Durban to London in the 1930’s. Optional boat ride at the Crescent Island is available at the lake. Bird watching and plant study by the lakeside will be compelling. Mt. Longonot is one of the volcanic mountains of the Great Rift Valley of geological importance. The tour returns to Nairobi in the evening.
The price includes
- Transport in a safari-designed vehicle
- All park entrance fees
- Full board accommodation whilst on safari
- Services of our professional driver/guide
- Bottled mineral water
- International air transportation to and from Nairobi
- Expenses of personal nature such as visas, travel/baggage insurance, laundry, beverages, tips etc.
- Christmas, New Year and Easter supplements